From small voltage connectors to high amperage industrial connectors, we make your connector
- E-mobility, electric vehicles (EVs) and charging stations
- Oil and Gas
- Power distribution
- Renewable energy
- Vacuum interrupters
- EV main drive connectors, battery connectors, terminal connectors, fuses and cell module connectors
- Charging infrastructure connectors including crimp style solid copper connectors, slotted connectors and pins for charging cables
- High amperage industrial connectors, DIN and flat blade
- Improved quality and product performance
- Cost savings with reduced process scrap
- Complex geometries with interior and exterior features
- Reduced processing times averaging one second per piece
- Reduced development costs and times
- Tooling cost saving
Luvata’s advanced cold-forming equipment and proprietary tooling designs are combined with our vertical integration of high-purity copper alloys. The proprietary tooling is internally designed by Luvata involving over a hundred components used in the most advanced cold-forming equipment available in the marketplace today.
This combination of tooling and cold-forming expertise offers Luvata customers many choices in delivering the exact product for the exact application, along with consistent quality, performance and reliability from the first connector to the last.
One of the biggest advantages of cold forming versus machining is that the typical Luvata customer experience has been 70% reduction in scrap.
Advantages of oxygen-free copper
Oxygen-free copper has a higher conductivity over tellurium (C14500) and sulphur copper (C14700), allowing for higher current carrying capability over these alloys without overheating.
If you are looking for nickel tin, nickel, silver or gold over molded terminal connectors or crimp style solid copper connectors for battery swapping or quick connect systems, we can help you. Barrel or rack plating is available for all parts.
|UNS Alloy No.||Description||Conductivity (%IACS)|
|C10500 & C10700||SIlver-bearing copper||100%|
|C15000||Zirconium age hardenable alloy||94%|
|C15725 & C15760||Dispersion strengthened alloy||78%|
|C18150 & C18200||Chromium age hardenable alloy||84%|
|C36000 & C38000||Leaded brass||26%|
|C69300||Ecobrass lead-free brass||8%|
Relevant industries for Connectors
We produce a wide array of solutions in various alloys and shapes, and component parts for the computer, audio-video and ballast industries.
Providing the automotive industry with tailor-made alloys, product development expertise and after-sales support.
Power and distribution
The main components of generators in modern power stations - Solid or hollow copper conductors and bus bars, switchgear and machine parts.
Solar, wind or fusion, we offer many specialized copper products that contribute to finding sustainable sources of energy.